Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thinking about what fits best right now.


There are many thoughts and feelings in thinking about how God could and will use our marriage/family for His Glory.  The first question I get at times, when it comes to foster care....is 'how could I give so much care and time/invest so much into a child to let them go back to where they came from?'  Well, the answer is...that it is not about me. It would not be about us and what we would go through, it's about what that child needs in his/her life at that time. It's about being Jesus to her or him.  That's it.  It's about ministering to that family too if that is available and possible.  It's just about giving.  The question about adopting....what is possible in our lives at this moment?  Sometimes when we are praying for something - we need to look at what would be possible for this family at this time in our lives.  Not to say God can't do the IMPOSSIBLE, because He most definitely can.  However, what has He called us to at this point.  What is He asking me/us to have faith for??? 
In our lives, for example...we are still paying debt off and I (Mom) am working full time...and infant right now may not be an option, unless we want to pay exorbitant amount in daycare.  We can wait a little longer so that in the near future we will be in a better place me to go down to part time or no work outside the home in order to give the kind of care needed for an infant. 
Another thought, is that we have 3 kids in the home right now and thinking of what kind of room we have in bedrooms for more children is a thought.  What age would work best in our family right now....and most of all---What does God have for us right now? 
Also, this is about our family, but first about our marriage.  It's about what we decide to do as a married couple to give and bless others.  It's about Him using our marriage for His glory. Marriage is not designed to be a place where I selfishly get what I want.  It's about working together to bless the other person, expecting nothing in return. It's about a safe place for those that visit.  It's about a loving home that has open arms willing to give. He says people will know we are His disciples by our love. 
We desire our children to be loving and accepting and giving to others as well...however, we will not let that determine our giving.  We desire and pray for the Lord to prepare our children for those that come to live with them.  I was praying the other day...expressing to the Lord my hesitancy and fears related to some of the reluctance I noticed in a couple of my children.  I was asking the Lord about this and wondering about how this would affect them, not wanting them to have hangups or become bitter, etc.....and I heard the Lord clearly say..."How else will they learn my compassion towards others if they do not see it modeled in your life?"  Peace.  Since then the phrase, "How else will they know my love?" keeps ringing over and over in my mind.  May we all ask ourselves that question and allow the Lord to make us more selfless and more giving.  May we allow God to let us get our hands dirty in helping others.  May we get so involved we do cry, we do laugh and we do hurt as well.  Then we will know we are being used, we are being His hands and feet to the world.  Most of all, it is not about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment