Thursday, November 8, 2012

My bones wasted away

11/8/2012

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom The Lord counts no iniquity, in whose spirit there is no deceit.
For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.....
I acknowledged my sin to you, and did not cover my iniquity....and you forgave.
~ psalm 32:1-3, 5

I think I picked this verse ironically because I am just not feeling that well today...and bones wasting away could sum up some of my feelings today, however I cannot deny having this feeling when I have committed some sin such as complaining to a co- worker or not being patient with my family. Other sins can crush you as well such as gossip, lying, etc.  It actually becomes a burden for you to carry around and comes between you and God, not to mention your family or friends.

Don't carry that burden. God wants you to come to him and confess it. He wants you to lay it down and ask for forgiveness.  Notice in the earlier verses he says BLESSED are you whose transgressions are forgiven.  BLESSED are you whose sins are covered and in whom is NO deceit.

Do you want to be blessed? I do.  Do you want to rest in the plush grass or sit on the rocks and rotting grapes from yesterday's Devo?? He wants to bless you. He wants to FREE you. Come to him and you will be FREE!  He is waiting. You will be FREE!  Asking for his forgiveness will give you the FREEDOM to come closer to him, sit at his feet, understand his WORD better and hear his voice.  He wants to bless you. Ask him about yourself as he knows you better than you know yourself.  He will tell you and you will become who you were meant to be in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment